Sunday, December 26, 2010

Fatty Mc Fat Fat Fat

She decided that loosing weight is just not on the agenda! We are averaging only about 10 grams per day, so our progress has been minimal. As of this moring, I am just now starting to feel a keel, and she is still really heavy. She has eatin a few tid bits, but still is not motivated to bend down and eat. Though we havn't made much progression, she is calming down nicely, and we usually don't have any bates during our sessions. I have had her unhooded on the block for the last couple of days, and just like the fist, the first time she hopped off, she hopped right back to the perch. Hooding on the other hand, has been a real challenge. It is a pretty known fact, that my hooding skills are lacking, but this one just sorta takes the cake. I must have REALLY created a bad associaion during those first few hooding times, because I have NEVER had this much trouble. We will push through it though, and it may just come down to me having to actually "train" her to it. With her sweet demenoir and all, I'm thinking that once we get past this eating off the fist stage, training is going to go lightening quick (both for the hood, and the process of getting to the field). We shall see though.

No comments: