Sunday, January 27, 2013

Kindergarten Visit


A couple of weeks ago I was invited by my oldest daughter's teacher to come in to the class and be a mystery reader.  Of course I agreed and I knew immediately what I would be reading to them; Falcon, by Oklahoma falconer, well know artist and illustrator, and former Hoosier originally from Indiana, like myself, Tim Jessell.


Osprey came along for effect as well.  My daughter, who is more often than not benign to the birds, sees the other kids are super interested and instantly morphed into the falcon expert.  She really has been listening.  I was pretty impressed with what she told the other kids about falcons and birds of prey.  


Its fun being cool dad for a while.  Soon she'll be older and I'll just be the weird dad who "plays with birds."

Here is a link to Falcon on Amazon.

-RVZ

No comments: