Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Trailer Project #8 and Chickens!

Not a whole lot more progress lately.  I finished building the tongue-box and stained the whole thing gun-stock brown.  Cold weather and a busy schedule have slowed me down a bit.



Managed to make a trip to Kansas to find some Prairie Chickens.  Oz flew off the other day and when I got her back she did not want to put any weight on her right leg.  I have no idea what happened to her but I took her in for an x-ray and everything checked out ok.  Just severely bruised on her upper thigh.  So even though we saw chickens, a flight was not to be.  I'm hoping she'll be back in the saddle by the end of next week.  She has been putting more weight on the leg over the past couple of days, but she still is treating it a little gingerly.  He's some pics of the birds we saw.









Hopefully this group and others will continue to do well through the winter.

-RVZ



No comments: