Sunday, November 21, 2010

Double Digits!!!!


I'm almost too tired to type! We got number ten today, and I'll tell you what.....we freakin earned it! Cleveland Jr must have caught a mouse when out weathering yesterday, because when I got home four hours after I left, he had gained 25 grams. This ruined our duck chances again, but it is what it is, and we ended up getting into the field around 11:00 AM. Hit the Wilson field first, but it's cover was still really high. That, combined with all the wind, had the rabbits sitting tight....we didn't manage a single slip, and this is my honey hole field! Bailed from there pretty quickly, and we headed over to Rosa South. Like I have said before, I don't like hitting the same field two days in a row, but I wanted number 10 BAD, so we went for it.
The rabbits weren't popping today like usual....probably because they remembered being terrorized yesterday! We managed the same number of slips as usual, but the only difference was, that instead of hawking for 35 to 40 minutes....we hawked for 4 hours!!!! I had given up by this point, and was making my way back to the car, when I kicked up a final bunny, and CJ gave a half hearted chase, and then perched up WAY infont of me. He normally flips back to where I am, so I knew that he had the rabbit marked. When I got there, he was looking down pretty intently, and I managed a reflush farely quickly. CJ came screaming off of his perch, and crashed the brush hard, and I heard that glorious squeel! Normally, it's a "YES!!!!!!" Today though, it was a "FINALLY!!" When I got to them, I found CJ pinned against a bush...one leg on the ground, and the other sticking out the other side of the bush, barely holding onto the screaming rabbit. To be honest, I'm not really sure how he held onto it, so I made my way to the otherside as quickly as I could, and breathed a HUGE sigh of relief, once I got a secure hold on the rabbit. I had to then, cut CJ out of the bush, which he wasn't to thrilled about. I kept snipping more and more briars, but he was STILL stuck in there....Finally, I found a vine going right under his wing (that had been hiding), and was able to get him out. Snapped some hero shots, traded off great, and it was back home I went. Ate a huge bowl of soup, and now it's time for some chillen! GOOD DAY!!!!!
-D-

No comments: