Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Still busy, but Back


It's been a busy year leading up to this falconry season, but I've managed to squeeze in a few things....


Spent some time in the blind with my youngest daughter.


I think she saw one, "wait one more minute dad."


Turns out it was a dead cow....



If ya click on this picture you maybe able to see the Columbarius Merlin perched on a snag near the middle.  She had a large crop on her and unfortunately had little interest in bait we were offering.



My girls and I imprinted a Gyrkin this summer, as previously blogged about.


He liked watching his dinosaur ancestor.


Sorry cell phone picture, but here we are saying goodbye before he went back to the breeder.



And I've finally gotten my birds outta the chamber this past week.  Mongo, the Gyrfalcon, looks and acts about the same as he always has.


Tulsa, the Hybrid, is still a jerk and has lightened up in color some more.  I expect him to continue to get the job done this year.  Time to dust off the ol' kite, put new batteries in the transmitters, and whip these two into shape.

-RVZ  

No comments: