Monday, August 8, 2011

Go Away Hot Weather !!!!!









Just a little update.....The first flight to the kite went pretty darn well. He left the fist immediately after the hood came off, and he hit the quail with zero hesitation. The day after that, we flew free for the first time, and he went up 50 feet or so....again, did perfect! I cropped him up nicely on that quail, and he only looked up a few times, as he grubbed down on his meal. Trade off was good too!

He was too fat to fly the next day, and we had no wind the day after that. Ended up just calling him to the lure, and I gave him another good feed. The day after that, I dropped him off at my buddy Mark's house, and I went on a Trip to Utah. My cousin got married up in the mountains, and we all had a blast! Picked up Elmo this afternoon, and he started talkin as soon as I walked in the door. I guess he was just saying what's up though, because he hasn't made a peep since then. Gonna get him back to his magic weight, and then it's back to training. There are rumors of a "cold" front coming in, so here is to hoping for some better flying temps.
-D-

3 comments:

Tom Goldsmith said...

Been crazy warm up here in Canada as well Ryan. It's comforting to hear that someone else ( and their Birds )are pining away for cooler temps as I am...And all the migration and hunting cooler temps bring.

Tom Goldsmith said...

Whoops...I meant Dan not Ryan..Sorry about that.

Dan said...

We had a "cold front" come through, and it only made it up to the low 90's today!!!! The bird is still fat, so of course, it was in the 70's this morning...........