Friday, January 13, 2012

Good day!


Finally convinced a few of the guys to come along for some hawking, and we ended up having a pretty darn good time! On her first flight, she went REALLY high! Unfortunately, she went out SUPER far, and we all ended up loosing sight of her. I knew she was up there somewhere, but I just didn't know where. Maybe five minutes later, Baggles is like "There she is," and sure enough, she was heading up wind of the pond. Her wings were set, but she was stinkin high up there, so we ran in and flushed. She came down and just hammered one! She knocked it back into the water though, took off chasing a "late leaver," and went out of sight again. The other ducks busted when they saw her heading toward the horizon, so I called her down for a quail leg. We went and checked a different pond, and I was super psyched to see three mallards on it. I have been wanting one BAD, so you can imagine how pissed I was, when I told everyone about them too loudly, and they headed for the hills. I was sitting there crying and moaning, when a single duck appears out of no where, and puts in on the pond next to us :-). Put her up again, and this time she stayed in much, much tighter. She went up pretty darn well again too, and when she got into position, I flushed. The duck took off straight toward Chris, and he had a nice front row seat, as she came down and thumped the ring neck to the ground! I decided we have had a lot of normal hero shots lately, so I played with this one a little bit, as you can tell :-)
-D-

No comments: